Innovative Leadership and Strategic Management (Level 6) accredited by QAHE
TAAS ‘Pre-master’s is designed to provide a breadth of concepts and solutions for potential postgraduate (Pg) students. Upon completion, you will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and behaviors (KSBs) required to study at a masters’ level. It provides both theoretical and practical learning experience for the development of manager-level KSBs for Pg students and strategic managers alike.
This Programme aims to increase your engagement and awareness in the scholarly activities and more importantly provide opportunities of knowledge application through management simulations and real-world case studies. There will be a strong emphasis on active and participative education, which will include practical work-based learning, problem-based learning, and (formative) group work to develop analysis, synthesis, and decision-making abilities, while stimulating creative thinking and application.
During the Programme there will be opportunities to develop critical thinking skills and understanding of the principles and practice of strategic management and effective leadership in an organisation. Also, to better understand the strategic link of an organisation to corporate objectives, with the impact of risk management, ethical approaches including issues of sustainability and technological advancement, legislative concerns, and the challenges of leading a cross-cultural team. Course content will be delivered based on current and future practice and use real-life case studies, peer-reviewed and academic sources.
In line with the TAAS ethos, our Programmes content and assessment outline recognises inclusivity and diversity of our global audience. Our delivery team are highly experienced academics and industry experts; they are well equipped to provide students with both theoretical and practical experience. At the end of the Programme, you will be able to develop relevant KSBs required for your Pg learning journey and beyond.
TAAS pre-masters’ Programme is to offer a distinctive, inter-disciplinary and integrative educational Programme for learners seeking to develop and consolidate their academic and managerial achievements. Furthermore, to this interdisciplinary approach, core data analytics modules have been embedded in the Programme in line with current realities.
The Programme is designed to expose students to current thinking and practice across a wide range of management and data analytics disciplines, delivered using a cross-cutting approach. A higher level of criticality is expected across the master’s programmes, and this will allow students to consider more deeply the various functions of management. Students will build on their existing understanding of management and organisations within a framework that enables them to relate their experience to contemporary ideas and practice within a global context. This is achieved through critical thinking, creativity, and personal development.
Programme Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Programme students will be able to:
3.1 Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of complex methodologies relevant to strategic management.
3.2 Show a methodical, integrated, and critical awareness of strategic thinking in data science and management.
3.3 Exhibit a deep knowledge of how theories and concepts are applied to organisations, understanding, and assessing critical success factors.
3.4 Recognise the role and impact of team’s work, individuals, stakeholders, and ethical practices.
3.5 Appreciate the complex issues relating to effective management and its success, enhancing their skills to develop sustainable and ethical, individual, and organisational potential.
3.6 Demonstrate a flexible range of decision-making techniques and critical thinking methods to extract meaning and understanding, identify and evaluate options and problem solve.
- Normally a first-degree, third-class honor is or above, or an equivalent of level 5 Extended Diploma from accredited institution and Higher National Diploma or equivalent from overseas.
- Considerable experience from the industry with up-to-date portfolio, but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the Programme
- After completion of this Pre-master’s course, a student will be in a better position to apply for a range of leadership and management-related postgraduate degree courses with our UK university partners, while strengthening your career opportunities in leadership and management-related roles
- Our pre-master’s course will you prepare for a successful application to, and study for, a UK Master’s degree
- Lectures and seminars: 12-14 hours per week
- Self-study: 30 hours per week
- Assessment type: Coursework
- Progression: When you successfully complete the Graduate Certificate or Diploma modules with a minimum average of 50% at the first attempt, you will be able to progress to a master’s level programme.
- Progression onto the MBA is conditional on you passing the Graduate Certificate or Diploma modules with a minimum average of 50% at the first attempt and having relevant work experience.
- The Graduate Certificate and Diploma serves as a stand-alone, internationally recognised qualification which will be awarded upon achieving a pass of 40% in each module
TAAS Graduate Attributes
|Graduate attributes||The application of competencies|
|Effectively communicate using verbally and in writing, through a range of media widely used in relevant professional context. Be IT, digitally and information literate.|
|Lifelong learner||Manage employability, using the skills of personal development and planning in different contexts to contribute to the workplace and the society.|
|Professional skills||Perform effectively within the professional environment. Work within a team, demonstrating people skills such as effective listening, negotiating, persuading and presentation. Be flexible and adaptable to changes within the professional environment.|
|Reflective professional||Undertake critical analysis and reach reasoned and evidenced decisions, contribute critical thinking skills to find and innovate in solutions.|
|Discipline expertise||Knowledge and understanding of chosen field. Possess a range of skills to operate within this sector, have a keen awareness of current developments in working practice being well positioned to respond to change.|
|Responsible global citizenship||Understand global issues and their place in a globalised economy, ethical decision-making, and accountability. Adopt self-awareness, openness, and sensitivity to diversity in culture.|