Foundation Certificate for Higher Studies (level 3) accredited by QAHE
TAAS Certificate for Higher Studies (Level 3) is purposefully designed to assist potential students from diverse backgrounds in developing academic skills and knowledge that will enable them to successfully enroll and progress into higher education. This programme offers opportunities to develop academic skills essential to progressing into higher education at level 4 through relevant module content and assessment tasks. Lastly, this course has the potential to support individual and team reflection simultaneously, as well as professional development and lifelong learning in the 21st century workplace.
TAAS Foundation Certificate for Higher Studies is purposefully designed to introduce learners to a new learning culture and to assist them in developing relevant academic and language skills, as well as the right attitude to study at the undergraduate level.
This means providing learners with teaching that is interactive, engaging, educative and has a strong focus on communication and working in a group setting. This way, students do not just learn from tutors, but also from the other students, as they collaborate and support each other in their learning journey.
In fact, studying this foundation course can be a positive life-changing decision and experience. It is fair to say it can be a challenge too, so we are here as a team to provide learners with wide-ranging support and encouragement to enable them to make the most from the course and studying in what might be a whole new cultural experience, and an academic approach with which they are not familiar.
The course is taught in small groups in a blended learning classroom environment. Classes on this course are taught and managed by highly qualified teaching staff and personal tutors, who have a solid background in higher education teaching and assessment.
The course is aimed at preparing students for undergraduate studies as well as those who do not meet standard entry requirements, and the opportunity to improve their academic qualifications and also introduce them to advance study skills and practice in a bachelor’s degree and beyond.
Programme Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of the Foundation programme students will be able to:
- 1. Understand essential study skills necessary for students in higher education
- 2. Have basic theoretical knowledge, understanding and awareness of a subject or field of work
- 3. Communicate the results of their study/work accurately and reliably, and with structured and coherent arguments
- 1. Use appropriate research skills to inform solutions and decision making.
- 2. Will be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, using a variety of styles.
- 3. Will have academic and transferable skills required at higher education level.
TAAS Foundation Programme aims to develop skills and knowledge required to progress into higher education studies. Designed as an inclusive and inter-disciplinary programme, the course content is aligned with relevant frameworks and subject benchmarks, and with current industry developments.
The teaching and learning opportunities, together with the personalized academic support available, will enhance the development of professional and academic skills essential to personal fulfillment and to success at degree level.
• A level (less UCAS points for entry onto an undergraduate course)
• GCSE grade C or above
• No formal qualification may be considered (relevant industry experience required)
• English Language Requirement:
• Applicants must meet the English language entry requirements of:
- IELTS minimum score of 4.5 or above;
- GCE ‘O’ Level English D7 or above;
- The Oxford Test of English taken at any Approved Test Centres across the globe.
It is expected that all students will have access to use of personal computers or other electronic devices with internet connection and editing apps/software during study.
TAAS Foundation course comprises of three modules at ‘level 3’ and ‘60 credits’ in total, 20 credits for each module, with optional modules of 30 credits each.
• Lectures and seminars: 12-14 hours per week
• Self-study: 30 hours per week
• Assessment type: Coursework
• Progression: When you successfully complete foundation modules with a minimum average of 50% at the first attempt
• The Foundation Certificate serves as a stand-alone, internationally recognised qualification which will be awarded upon achieving a pass of 40% in each module
• After completion of this TAAS foundation course, a student will be in a better position to apply for a range of undergraduate degree courses with our UK university partners, or with any other UK based university.
• Progression pathways available – BA or BSc in any of the following: Business management, Hospitality, tourism and/or events management, Health and social care, public health.